Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to work and 1st free weekend

Whew! It has been a busy couple of weeks.  Lots of celebrations, traveling, and getting ready to go back to work. Andrew is growing and talking more and more every day.  We are completely amazed at the progress he has made in the last several months.  His preschool itinerant teacher will be coming back after Labor Day to work with him some more on social skills. Hopefully by this time next year, he won't need any kind of support anymore!
Speaking of Labor Day, I will be running in the Rock n' Roll Virginia Beach 1/2 marathon relay.  My relay partner is my sister (in-law)! I really wanted to be able to run the whole thing, but that's not going to happen. I will do a great job at run/walking though.  Run 3 miles, walk 1/2 mile. Run 3 miles, walk 1/2 mile, then Run the last .3 to the finish line! I haven't raced in a long time. A little nervous and excited.  I hope this race will give me motivation to keep running and get back into competitive racing. 
David has a birthday coming up this next month, and will be turning the big 3-0!! Busy working on plans to make it a great day and a birthday that he won't forget.  Trying not to overwhelm him (he's a little underexcited about turning 30), but I'm thinking 30 tombstones in the front yard will be a nice touch :)
I hope that everyone else is having a great summer as well!

















These 2 pictures were taken at Tucker Lake.  A little gem about 25 minutes from our house. A natural spring fed lake that has been turned into a water fun park! We had a great time there, even though it felt like 1 million degrees that day.



Happy 50th Birthday to Momma Debbie and Momma Tracie. We went out to Virginia Beach to help Momma Debbie celebrate, and Momma Tracie we will see in October and help her celebrate!


Andrew working out with momma! He definitely keeps me motivated when I work out on the wii. Somedays he outlasts me :)


With Love,
The Spencer's


No comments:

Post a Comment